Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Smith Family

We had to bury our pet Lizard yesterday. After having our Grandpa die on Friday we came home to find "Larry" the lizard dead in his cage. It was not a good week. We all walked into the forest behind our house and found a great spot next to the creek and put Larry to rest. Mike said a prayer and asked God if Larry could find papa Bob and tell him we all miss him. We covered him with dirt and all cried together. We are all experiencing the hard reality of death. I have had to pick up Mikey and Max from school this week because they were crying so much and their teachers needed to send them home. However, tonight I got in my bed with three stinky little boys and we all loved on each other and told each other about our day. I am sure this is one of the hardest times for us but we always end the day with lots of love and smelly feet. We miss Daddy and Julia because they are with Grandma Carole but we know they are where they should be. We pray for Grandma Carole every night and hope she knows she is not alone and she is very loved.   As for death, we know we will see Larry and Papa Bob again. Larry will be eating lettuce and Bob will be playing the banjo. That reunion may seem like a lifetime away, but it will come. In the mean time, as Mike always says, we are Team Smith and we are the best!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cammy,
I needed that...this has been a very hard week indeed...I am still in shock that my dad is gone...I love you and am grateful that you love me and our children (yes...even "Teamwork") so much.
You are my best friend!
I miss you! S
ee you this Frinday up at Black Butte.
123,
M

Shelley said...

Cammy, Sorry about your losses. What a blessing it is to have the gospel and knowledge of eternal families!
Love the photo of you and your beautiful family.
shelley